Northern Monk is looking for someone to join the team as a delivery driver and warehouse operative. We are looking for a hard-working, organised and enthusiastic individual with a passion for delivering a quality service in all aspects of their work. The role is a combination of delivering direct to customers as our direct sale volume increases and helping move goods between sites in Leeds. The role will vary as the demands of the business change between increased orders and increased production needs, so the individual will need to excel in varying daily tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following list outlines the major roles required;
• Timely and efficient delivery of goods to customers.
• Deliver to customers with excellent customer service skills to maintain the highest reputation of Northern Monk.
• Work with the Sales team on order delivery, payments and ensuring completion of paperwork.
• Delivery and collection of materials and goods safely and timely between our warehouse and brewery sites.
• Work with the Warehouse Team and Production Team in the movement of goods in and out across the two brewery sites and warehouse.
• Work to the highest standards of Health and Safety in all aspects of work including and not limited to – driving, handling heavy goods, moving goods in and out of facilities, company vehicle checks.
• Help keep vehicles, warehouse and production facilities in a tidy, organised condition at all times.
• Be flexible in adapting to the changing needs of the business between delivering to customers, delivering and collecting goods between company sites and general assistance to the warehouse team.
• Excel in time management. Always looking to help in other areas of the business during quiet periods.
• Take a lead in company van cleanliness, checks and minor maintenance.
• Maintain the highest standards keeping the working environment clean, tidy and organised.
• Keep up regular communication with sales, warehouse and production regarding completion of tasks, any changes that need to be made and availability to help out.
• Be a team player.
• Always represent Northern Monk whilst working.
Supplier Contact and Customer Service
• Establish and maintain a good relationship with customers.
• Provide superior customer service at all times in person and via telephone calls and emails.
• Attend and contribute to team meetings when required and share best practice with colleagues.
• Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork.
• Provide consistent and accurate updates to line manager regarding all areas of work.
• Possess a positive attitude to a busy work environment and a willingness to work long or flexible hours when required.
• Contribute to team effort by completing other tasks as needed.
This list is not exhaustive but an indication of the roles and responsibilities of the Delivery Driver/Warehouse Operative.
Code of Conduct: Northern Monk expects all its members of staff to adhere to standards of processes, procedures and code of conduct. Specifically:
- Working on multiple work streams to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrating the company ethos and approach to partners and contacts through your professionalism, knowledge and enthusiasm;
- Protecting and promoting the organisation's values by keeping critical information confidential;
- Being a team player and contributing to the Monk values and ethos.
In return, we are committed to respecting and valuing all staff, achieving a good work/life balance, giving staff the space to learn and grow alongside the brewery and ensuring all staff play a role in developing and delivering our vision and plans.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter across to firstname.lastname@example.org